Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 5 min | Total Time 20 min
- 6 Sea Scallops
- 1 tsp Szechuan pepper
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 birdeye chillies
- 1 tbsp Thai chilli jam
- 1 tsp Palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 80 g Mangosteen
- 2 stems lemongrass, finely sliced (white part only)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 4 small red shallot, finely sliced
- 10 mint leaves
- 8 stems of coriander
For the garnish
- Red Okra, finely sliced
- White turmeric, finely sliced
- Crispy fried red shallot
- In a mortar, pound the garlic and chilli into a paste.
- Then add the seasoning : Thai chilli jam, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Heat a non-stick pan until it is really hot and add peanut oil, lightly season the scallops with Szechuan pepper and cook roughly 1 min on each side until golden colour.
- Very gently peel the purple rind from around the white mangosteen segments.
- Separate the white segments and combine them with the scallops in a bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and spoon in the salad dressing from the mortar and toss lightly.
- Finally place the salad in a bowl and garnish with red okra, white turmeric and crispy fried red shallot.