- 300g mango pulp diced
- 100g pomelo pulp
- 100ml evaporated milk
- 500g mango puree (either processed or pureed from fresh mango pulp
- 700ml simple syrup
- 100g sago
- To a pot of boiling water, add sago pearls slowly and cook until they are left with only a tinge of opaque white left.
- Turn off the flame, cover the pot and set aside for 10-15 min for the pearls to cook through with residual heat, until totally transparent.
- Sift the cooked sago pearls and soak into a bowl of ice water. This truncates the cooking process so that the pearls would remain “QQ”. Refrigerate until ready to be used.
- Peel mangoes and chunk the flesh into large cubes.
- Blend mango puree with simple syrup until smooth.
- In a large serving bowl, pour mango puree, most of diced mango, most of pomelo pulp, sago pearls and evaporated milk.
- Chill for several hours until ready to serve
- Ladle into small serving bowls and garnish with more fresh mango cubes and pomelo pulp