- 2cups flour
- 4teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4cup vegetable oil
- 1cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 -1 1⁄2cup mango, pulp of (2 very ripe mangoes)
- Cut and peel two very ripe (soft to the touch) mangoes and reduce to soft pulp and juice. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine oil, milk, and egg.
- Mix liquid ingredients with dry until just moist and stir in the mango pulp.
- Fill greased muffin tins, or paper muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes.
- They are done when they are brown on top and a tooth-pick inserted into the center comes out clean.