PREP TIME: 25 minutes + 2 hours resting
COOK TIME: 1 hour
For the Crust:
- 150 g Coles Plain Flour
- 100 g Coles Unsalted Butter, chilled, cut into cubes
- 30 g Sliced Almonds
- 65 g Icing Sugar
- 1 Free Range Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp Ice Cold Water
For the Filling:
- 450 g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 300 g Ricotta, at room temperature
- 75 g Coles Unsalted Butter, softened
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Lemons, zest
- 1 tbsp Coles Plain Flour
For the Topping:
- 2 Mangoes, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp Sliced Almonds, toasted
- For the crust, line a 23cm springform cake tin with baking paper on the bottom and sides.
- Mix the flour, butter, almonds and icing sugar in a food processor until rough crumbs form.
- Add the egg yolk and ice water and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Press dough into the base of the prepared tin. Allow dough to rest covered for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 175˚C. Bake the crust for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool while making the filling.
- For the filling, whip the cream cheese and ricotta with an electric mixer until creamy. Add remaining filling ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour into the cooled crust and place the tin onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the outside of the cake is just set and the centre still wobbles slightly when shaken. (The cake will still jiggle when shaken, but do not leave in the oven any longer as it will overcook.) Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Arrange the mango slices on top of the cheesecake and sprinkle the almonds over before serving. (Can be made a day ahead and chilled, but allow for 30 minutes at room temperature before topping with mango and almonds.) Cut the cheesecake into slices and serve.