- 200 gms of whole fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream (I’ve used the Amul fresh cream)
- A cup full of fresh lychee, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 and ½ teaspoon castor sugar
- a pinch of saffron/keasr
- Some toasted almond flakes
- Some pomegranate seeds
- a few whole lychee with seed removed
- Crush lychee in a food processor, I do not completely blend it for I like it with the little chunks of the fruit.
- In a bowl whip together yogurt, castor sugar, cream.
- Now separate the juice from crushed lychees, approx 80-90%. You may use a regular strainer or use a white muslin cloth to wring it off.
- Add the yoghurt mix into a blender/processor, wipe off all the yogurt mix sticking on the walls of the bowl by pouring the lychee juice and then add it to the blender and churn them together.
- Now freeze this mixture for an hour.
- Add a pinch of saffron and ½ a teaspoon castor sugar to the lychee chunks, mix and just refrigerate.
- After an hour transfer the yogurt mix to the blender and whip, again freeze for 2 hours
- Now again add it to the processor and give a generous whiz, add the chunks of lychee and mix with a spoon.
- Finally fill up ice – cream bucket and freeze for 2-3 hours, scoop out and serve. Alternately simply fill the serving dish or cooler glasses like me, cover up firmly with silver foil and freeze for 3-4 hours. However, for a softer consistency it is advised to freeze for an hour, then break down the ice and beat well with a whisk, repeat the process 3-4 times before finally leaving it to freeze.
- Remove from freezer, add the toppings of your choice or the ones I’ve chosen and enjoy your lychee frozen yogurt.