For the macaron shells:
100g egg white, aged
3g egg white powder
90g caster sugar
140g almond flour
160g icing sugar
1/2-1 teaspoon red food colouring
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
- Sift almond flour and icing sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and egg white powder till soft peaks are formed. Whisk in caster sugar until stiff peaks form.
- To the egg white mixture, fold in dry ingredients from Step 2 in 1/3 portions to combine. Add colouring, then fold in the mixture more vigorously. Test the consistency from time to time by lifting a generous dollop of macaron paste and dropping it into the mixing bowl. If the macaron paste does not settle smoothly after 30 seconds, continue folding the paste. If the macaron paste smooths out too quickly, you’ve gone too far.
- Pipe out the shells onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and leave them to rest for 25 minutes before baking.
- When a crust is formed, turn temperature on oven down to 140 degrees Celsius and bake for 15 minutes, turning the tray halfway through baking.
- Cool parchment of baked shells on cooling rack. Unmould when the shells are completely cool.
For the Lychee White Chocolate Mascarpone Cream:
120g white chocolate
20g unsalted butter
150g mascarpone, room temperature
- Melt white chocolate and butter and leave to cool.
- Blitz lychees in food processor, remove the juice by pressing purée through a sieve. Retain 6 tablespoonsful of the lychee juice, and also retain all of the pulp.
- Whisk mascarpone till loosened, and beat in white chocolate mixture till combined.Add the lychee pulp and 3 tablespoons of lychee juice, beat till combined.
For the Tea-infused Jelly:
1/2 tablespoon tea leaves
120ml boiling water
3 tablespoons lychee juice (from above)
1 tablespoon gelatin (depends on the instructions on the packet and how hard you want the jelly to be)
- Steep tea leaves in boiling water and lychee juice for 10 minutes. Filter.
- Add gelatin to filtered tea and refrigerate to set.
- Once jelly is set, cut jelly into small cubes.
Copyright disclaimer. Taione Trading do not own the images nor the recipe featured in the website or brochure. All rights belong to it's rightful owner/owner's. No copyright infringement intended. For promotional purposes only.