- 50g Dried longan, cut to small pieces
- 150ml Hot water with 4tsp Oolong tea leaves
- 170g Butter, softened
- 240g Brown sugar (used 200g caster sugar)
- 2 Eggs
- 280g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Soak 150ml hot water with 4 tsp Oolong tea leaves for 20 minutes, drain well. Warm up Oolong tea in microwave at high heat for 1 minute. Add dried longan pieces into Oolong tea and soak for 30 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt over. Mix well at low speed.
- Add dried longan and tea. Fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon mixture into desire (greased) moulds at 3/4 full. Bake at preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cakes slightly, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.