Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 3-4 tablespoons selfmade green curry paste or 1 small package green curry paste
- 500 ml coconutmilk
- 250 gr meat, chicken or pork in strips or cubes
- 1-2 kaffir lime leaves
- 3-4 Thai aubergines/Thai eggplants (Makeur), quartered
- 6-8 small Thai aubergines/Thai eggplants (Makeur puang)
- salt to season
- sugar or palmsugar to season
- 6-8 fresh or canned longan fruits (halfed or quartered)
- 1-2 stacks fresh sweet Thai basil “Horapa”
- 1 fresh red chili to garnish
- optional 2-3 teaspoons of thick coconut cream
- Heat up the coconutmilk in a pot, then add the green currypaste and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stir well.
- Add kaffir lime leaves and the meat and let it simmer until done.
- Add theThai aubergines/Thai eggplants and let it cook a few more minutes.
- Season the green curry with salt and sugar or palmsugar and add the longan fruits, You don´t have to cook them, just warm them up.
- Add horapa leaves (sweet Thai basil) in the whole or roughly chopped on top of the Curry and decorate with the strips of a fresh red chilli.
- If You like, add a few tablespoons thick coconut cream on top. Serve the green Thai curry with Longan fruits with steamed jasmin rice (fragrant rice from Thailand).