- Small chicken (Cornish hen),
- 1/4 cup of sweet rice,
- a dozen cloves of garlic,
- green onions,
- a few jujubes,
- and 1 or 2 small ginseng roots.
- Wash and rinse your chicken in cold running water.
- Soak 1/4 cup of sweet rice for 1 hour.
- Stuff the chicken with the sweet rice, a ginseng root, a few jujubes, and 3-4 cloves of garlic. Place it in a pot.
- Pour water into the pot and boil it over high heat for 20 minutes. When it starts boiling, skim off any foam and fat that rises to the surface Then pour in more water and boil it over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- When it cooks properly, the chicken will be easily pulled apart by chopsticks.
- Serve it with salt and pepper and kimchi or kaktugi.