Makes half a litre
- 2 cups guava juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 sheets gelatin (you can substitute for 1 teaspoon of powdered gelatin)
- 3 tablespoons dark rum of your preference
- Heat up a bit of the guava juice (about 1/2 cup) and add the rum. Bring it almost to a simmer (don’t boil) and remove from the heat.
- Soften the gelatin sheets in a bowl with warm water (or mix your powdered gelatin with a bit of warm water). Soak them for about 2-3 min until ready, then squeeze excess water and add to the warm guava/rum mix and stir to dissolve completely (if using powdered gelatin, just add it directly).
- In a big bowl mix everything: the freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, the rest of the guava nectar, and the rum/guava mix with the already dissolved gelatin. Stir well. If needed add a teeny bit more guava (for sweetness) or grapefruit (for tartness).
- Place the mix in your ice cream maker and follow manufacturer instructions