Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 dried chilies de arbol, stemmed and seeded
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Chile Pepper, Ancho
- 4 limes, halved and crosswise and each half cut into 4 wedges, divided
- Cracked or crushed ice
- 1 cup Cachaça or white rum, divided
- 1 cup guava nectar
- For the Ancho-Arbol Syrup, mix all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 2 hours.
- Strain through double layer of cheesecloth or coffee filters. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. (This makes enough syrup for 4 cocktails.).
- For each cocktail, place 4 pieces of lime and 1/4 cup of the Ancho-Arbol Syrup in beverage glass.
- Muddle the lime with a muddler or wooden spoon to release the lime juice.
- Fill glass with ice. Add 1/4 cup each Cachaça and guava nectar; mix well.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 cocktails.