Ingredients for Filling
- 25 gm. caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp agar-agar powder
- 125 ml water
- 70 ml fresh milk
- 55 ml evaporated milk
- Boil sugar, agar-agar powder and water in a pot until agar agar and sugar dissolves.
- Lower flame and mix in milk.
- Pour in small bowls and let it set.
- Remove from bowl, use a fork to scratch surface (top and bottom). This is to make sure the filling and skin will stick to one another.
Ingredients for Skin
- 100 gm. sugar
- 4 tsp. agar-agar powder
- 600 ml water
- 150 gm red dragon fruit (blended)
- Few pieces pandan leaves
- Boil sugar, agar-agar powder and water with pandan leaves in a pot until agar agar and sugar dissolves.
- Lower flame and mix in blended dragon fruit.
- Pour in some skin agar agar into mooncake mould (If a see-through effect is preferred (i.e. can see the filling), lessen the amount put in).
- When it is half set, put in the filling then pour the balance skin mixture into the mould until full. Let it set.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.