- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs maca powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, stained, rinsed and dried
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or raw/brown/caster)
- 200g chopped banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g chopped red dragonfruit flesh (about 1 1/2 dragonfruit)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 white flesh dragon fruit, hard, outer skin peeled, cut into thin slices, to decorate
- Toasted coconut chips, to decorate
- Grease and line a springform cake tin.
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a food processor and process until well combined. Press into the base of the prepared tin and place in the fridge.
- For the filling, in a clean food processor, place the cashews, coconut oil, coconut cream, and sugar. Process until very smooth. (if your processor doesn’t manage to get the mixture to a super smooth consistency, I recommend finishing it off with a stick blender)
- Divide the filling evenly into two bowls.
- Process the dragon fruit and strain through a sieve to remove the seeds. Add this, along with the lime zest, to one of the bowls, stir to combine and spread on top of the base. Return to the fridge/freezer, to set.
- Add the banana and vanilla to the other bowl and process until smooth. Spread this on top of the set dragon fruit mixture and return to the fridge/freezer to set. Minimum 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge/freezer, to allow it to soften a little. Decorate as you like.